Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Out for lunch


We got out of the house to take care of a few things. One was to weigh Emmett (still floating around 7lb 9oz, so not back to his peak weight just yet) while another was to pick up a prescription. Afterwards, to celebrate Emmett's one-week anniversary of being outside Andrea, we went to lunch at Cafe Gratitude, where Andrea was rich and elated, together we were bountiful, I was celebrating, and Emmett was just plain tired (for those not from San Francisco or at least familiar, all dishes and drinks at Gratitude have names like 'I am enchanting', one orders a dish by repeating this name, and the waitperson then gives the affirmation 'you are enchanting' or whatever you ordered is titled. It is a locale not for those those unable to restrain their sarcasm---luckily Andrea and I can at times). We finished with their living or raw pumpkin pie (sorry---I am creative), which is one of the best pumpkin pies in the universe. I bought their recipe book after lunch when I saw that the recipe for the pie is in it.


Upon arriving home, everyone was tired out so it is nap time in the front room while I play at the computer. Even Malcolm got in on the action (camouflaged on the couch on the right in the picture to the left).

1 comment:

you say laura, i say gretchen said...

i just wanted to say that i am LOVING reading your blog. :)