Friday, August 22, 2008

Greco-Roman Finals

I just got back from a big trip to Rainbow Grocery (I could really learn to love this grocery-shopping-on-a-weekday-morning thing) and upon my return I found that Emmett was asleep (Andrea had the morning off). I am now waiting for him to wake so we can go for a run together, and this is what I just saw when I checked the monitor:

It appears that in the battle to fall asleep the sock monkey pinned Emmett. Emmett will play around with the monkey for a little while before going to sleep each night and I have seen him in the monitor grab it and move it about when he wakes up for a second during the night's sleep. There is a video from a few months ago on Andreas blog (link here) where Emmett had the monkey on top of him, but now he is much more dexterous (he has increased +2 dexterity points since June and is now a level 2 halfling) and will grab it, play with it, etc. We have another monkey that is more monkey-like, and it is amazing how strongly Emmett reacts to both---moreso than other toys, for sure. It is clear to me that Emmett sees the relation between the monkey and himself and has now positioned himself firmly in the evolution camp. It is good to have that out of the way.

No comments: