Tuesday, October 14, 2008

To everything (turn, turn, turn)

I have become pretty much a moving picture poster here. I guess if a still picture is worth a thousand words and youtube videos are in the ballpark of 20 frames per second, then I am posting a 1.5 Mword post. I was laying on the floor with Emmett trying to get in a little tummy time. I called his name and he pivoted on his stomach to reach me. I figured I would try to record his spinning, so the following video is his second turn-about. I wish that I would have taken a video from my perspective as the look of determination is too much, but this wore him out and he is napping away now. Anyway, without further ado here is the video (except this ado...I thought I could edit this down on youtube...I was wrong. There is an extra 20 seconds or so. My apologies):


He has been spinning around for a week or so now, so I am thinking that he will make some crawling progression in the next month or so. Over the weekend Andrea hung out with Augie, Ethan, and their moms and Ethan (10 days older than Ethan, 8 than Augie) is already crawling around like crazy. He was the first to roll over by a long shot. It is pretty nuts that he is so far advanced. In Emmett's defense, I believe that of the three he is the most advanced with respect to teeth (although Augies just sprouted his second). That counts for something, right?

Andrea's mom is here for the week and it has been a great help. Yesterday I went to the lab (I know...this is where you say: I thought you quit the lab. Yeah, me too), and I will probably go again tomorrow. Today I spent at home with Emmett and grandma and it is incredible how much easier things are with another set of hands. Dishes get washed before the nap even starts. A load of laundry can get started while E gets fed. It is all magic.

2 comments:

elvischrist said...

have you tried yelling at Emmett - that might help him crawl. And if that doesn't you might want to try a dark closet to drive your point home!

Angela and Scott said...

Don't be in a rush for E to start crawling... I know it is exciting for the next stage, but things get so much harder once they are mobile!