Wednesday, November 4, 2009

More words

I have been trying to get a little deeper into understanding why the words which Andrea and I pronounce as "Malcolm" and "water" are pronounced as "aye-yah" by Emmett. I will ask him a how he pronounces a lot of words as a build-up in the understanding game. For example I will ask him "how do you say airplane?" and he will reply, then ask for ball, clock, etc. Then I will ask him, "how do you say Malcolm?" and he will reply "aye-yah". I will then ask, "how do you say water?" and he will reply "aye-yah!" as if he is trying to explain to me that he just said that word and I am wasting his time by asking him to say the same sounds twice in a row when there are so many other word sounds he can make. It is even better when I start adding in "flower" which also is pronounced the same. It is hard being 20 months and dealing with dumb parents.

No comments: