Wednesday, February 10, 2010

A few pictures

Andrea and I are both falling behind on taking pictures. Looking at our collection, it appears that the last pictures we took were when he was about 10 months old. I exaggerate, but it seems this way as Emmett has grown so much in the last months. He is getting taller and taller (don't know where he stands against national averages---we will learn this at his next appointment in a few weeks), and he hasn't quite outgrown his belly. This belly seems extra large after he eats and he is still at the stage of life where he loves to show it off to any interested party.

Anyway, I thought I would add a couple of pictures that I took in the last week or so. They are not very good as they are from my phone, but they are better than the grand sum of pictures we have taken recently with the real camera which is zero. I will give a little explanation with each.

This first one is from our exploratorium trip last week. Emmett got in this smoke room and was spinning around to make a tornado. There were a lot of teenage girls around who were egging him on, which he loved, so it was very difficult to get him out of the smoke room.

Emmett recently figured out the pockets in his jacket. A month or so ago Emmett learned about his pockets in his pants and was very excited about it. The other day we were walking to the park and I heard him behind me saying something and doing something I couldn't figure out. I turned and realized that he saw that I was walking with my hands in my pockets and was trying to copy me. However, his jacket was long and covering his pants pockets so he was trying to figure out how to work his jacket pockets. The noise I heard was a combination of him saying "pocket" and the shuffle of his feet while he turned circles trying to get his hand into his pocket. For some reason rather than twisting his arm at an angle to get into the pocket he was turning circles with his whole body trying to make it in. It was pretty funny to watch, and the picture shows the final result (achieved on his own).

The last picture is from today. For the last few weeks, Malcolm has taken to sleeping on Emmett's changing table. At first we would move Malcolm to lay Emmett down, but started laying Emmett with his head resting on Malcolm. Malcolm doesn't really care (he actually purrs the whole time) and it actually keeps Emmett from rolling around.

No comments: