Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Our singer

When Emmett and I used to go to the the singing library time over a year ago, I learned a song called "Ladybug" where I sing to him about the lady bug landing on him, crawling up his leg or arm, and then flying away. While singing it, I was taught to land my hand on him like a bug, then have it crawl up by walking my hand up his arm on my fingers. This inevitably gets him to squirm because it is ticklish. Anyway, I never thought that he really liked the song very much, but I took to singing it to him when we are riding the bus together because it will capture his attention for a few minutes. Well, the other day I walked into the living room where he had been playing by himself and found him crawling his hand up his arm and then having the ladybug fly away as he did his best to sing the words. He didn't see me there, so it was all for his own entertainment. It was pretty cute stuff.

He has actually been singing a lot of songs to himself recently. It must be the case that they are singing quite a bit in day care (which makes me feel good) since I haven't been doing very much (which makes me feel bad), but I think that Andrea has been doing quite a bit too (again, makes me feel good). Andrea commented, and I agreed, that Emmett hasn't developed such a pretty singing voice just yet. Hopefully he will get one like his mom, who performed at Bimbo's this past Saturday night. She was really good, as was the band. The bad part was that we ended up losing our camera there, and especially tragic was the fact that it had pictures of Emmett in the mirrored glasses and clip-on earring that were part of my George Michael outfit. Sad.

No comments: