Monday, April 25, 2011

I love rock 'n roll

Emmett loves playing band at home. Ever since seeing Andrea perform in her teacher band, he sets up an area and has Andrea, me, or the both of us be members as he sings one of his top hits ("I love rock 'n roll", "Gigantic", or "We will rock you"). Emmett is usually the drummer/singer. He has taken to putting his drum set (T.V. tray covered with towels to deaden the noise of a plastic crow bar and my kitchen whisk which are used as drum sticks) up on the bed so that he can turn his head to the left and see himself playing in the kitchen mirror. He tells us to pretend we are different members of Andrea's teacher band and will say things like "Mom, you be Steve."

Another funny/sad thing is that when someone else is singing or saying things he often moves his mouth as they talk. This is something that I have been made fun of for my whole life. Genetics strikes again.

No comments: