Wednesday, April 2, 2008

6+3

Andrea had a pretty rough day with Emmett yesterday (Tuesday) where he was crying and complaining quite a lot, so I decided to stay home from work today in order to give her a little break. Last night she was exhausted so right after the 10:00pm feeding she went to bed and Emmett and I went to the couch to nap for a little bit. Six hours later Andrea awoke as she felt the need to feed Emmett, but he was yet to stir. Andrea pumped and went back to bed and I fed Emmett a little while later. We all slept (Andrea in bed, us on the couch) for another three hours, so all together Andrea got a 6-hour sleep stretch and another three. This is a new record for post-birth Andrea as I don't think that she had exceeded 4 hours in any continuous sleep period previously. Somewhere on the horizon Emmett will learn to sleep the night through (Andrea as well), and he made a pretty good stride in that direction last night.

It was very nice having the day today to help around here as it feels like during the week Andrea is carrying so much of the weight with me at work. In fact, Emmett has taken to being cranky or at least not asleep from about noon until five minutes before I arrive home each night, so I have really been getting off easy on the whole kid-thing.

Today we made our first family grocery store trip and later had Jeff and Luisa over for dinner, so it was a nice day and Emmett was on pretty good behavior. I think that he is good when I am around as he fears my wrath already even though I have yet to release it. I just carry myself that way.

No comments: