Sunday, April 6, 2008

Catching Up

I have been meaning to sit down and throw a few words out there but haven't really had the chance until now. My brother came into town this weekend to meet Emmett for the first time, and as you can see at left, Darin thought Emmett was pretty funny. I am not sure what the face that Emmett is making is saying, though he looks happy, too. I think he is just impressed with the facial hair.

We picked up an Ergo this weekend and took it for a couple of spins. For those who don't know what one is, it is a fancy pants sling that is usable until Emmett is 3, I believe. It is the carrying device that I am happiest with so far, although my back is already a little sore from other carrying methods. Tonight sort of did it in as walking puts Emmett to sleep (has to be outside, though) and having him in my arms makes it easier to put him down without waking upon return, and it took a good 10-20 blocks to get him to zonk out.

I am playing catch-up with food in the kitchen as I write this. I had bought a bunch of basil at the farmers market yesterday and am putting together pesto between sentences, so in place of words I think I will just put up a couple of recent Emmett pictures: one of him preparing for his shoot and three action shots.



1 comment:

kathryn said...

the ergo carrier is wonderful -- it's the only one that "works." jules is light as a medium garbage bag of feathers in this carrier. we love how it distributes her weight evenly. in the awful baby bjorn, she was heavy, like a ton of bricks, and it was getting too hard to carry her.
we're both glad you got this carrier!
emmett's spine won't be compromised, your backs won't give out...and you helped support workers in japan (the company has a good workers' rights record).