Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Some pictures with a few words

This past weekend the three of us headed up to my grandmother's house to visit. My mom showed up, too, so Emmett got to see one of his grandmas and his great-grandma. It was a fun trip, but that Emmett still doesn't like riding in the car very much and he isn't afraid to let you know, either.

The day we left, though, I watched Emmett's pal Augie for about an hour-and-a-half while him mom went to a meeting. I have never had to take care of two seven-month-olds before (perhaps never one, either), and it was definitely nonstop---even for that short of a time. I took some pictures and movies of the two of them together...here are two pictures:






Emmett was smiling the whole time and unfortunately the first makes it hard to tell as his head is turned away. The second, though, you can see it. Augie is quite a bit bigger than Emmett even though they are only a few days apart in age. We are going to start feeding Emmett protein shakes so he can catch up.

While at my grandma's we visited a farmers market that was actually at a farm, and they had a real-life pumpkin patch. Below is Emmett's first official pumpkin patch picture. We are now certified nerd parents.

I don't know why I think these cut-out things are so funny, but they kill me:

The big news is that Emmett is sitting up for long periods of time (Augie was sitting up without faltering for ten-plus minutes at a time, so since his visit we have been working on E's sitting and it is paying off). The other thing that I haven't mentioned before is that he rarely sleeps in one position now. Almost without fail he rotates himself 90 degrees so that his head and feet are both nearly touching the walls of the crib (as shown at left from the monitor). That kid is nuts and he better not grow much more (his knees are bent in the picture). He is sleeping on his side and tummy at times now, too. Exciting developments around here.

No comments: