Saturday, October 17, 2009

Trying again

I have been meaning to get back to the blog for some time, but always seem to find something I would rather do. Part of the reason is that as time passes I feel there is so much to talk about that I would have to write and write and I never feel like sitting down and writing and writing these days. So I am going to try to get caught up by posting a series of shorter posts and then ease back into what is happening now (for those keeping score at home, Emmett is now 19.5 months old, is saying a bunch of words with some two-word combinations coming out, and is a ton of fun to be around).

As the saying goes, a picture is worth a thousand words (so moving pictures must be worth millions). In order to make up some lost time, I will just post some pictures and movies and then try to catch up on things in later posts. First, start with the obligatory eating picture. Emmett loves green mush, and especially loves green mush then pictures. If you look closely, there is food in his hair too. This, actually, is very rare and I would say that though it appears we lost, I would say that it was probably a tie.

I went to a birthday party, actually two of them, last weekend and they involved dancing. There was a moment, mid-party when I had a realization that I dance like Emmett and it pretty much killed the party for me as I thought to myself that it is cute for a baby, not cute for an adult. The video is a good example of what happens each time we turn on music for him: especially AC/DC. There have been a number of very funny times with dancing with Emmett as we can be anywhere and if he hears a song playing (dance-able or not) he will break into dance---on the sidewalk, in the seat on his bike, etc.


I hate to post two dancing videos, but this is a good example of the way he works. He will be completely into something but feeling the music in his soul, then eventually a small dance breakout has to happen. I promise...no more dancing videos (in this post).


Alright, just a couple more pictures before I go.


No comments: