Monday, October 19, 2009

Rough times for the little one

I really wish I would have taken a video of Emmett doing this thing that he has done a few times where he stands in front of the couch and suddenly starts slamming his head down into the cushion repeatedly---almost seeming like he is punishing himself. He would be smiling and laughing the whole time he did it, too. Well, last night I think that the fun was brought to an end as he tried a repeat performance on the kitchen table. This got him his first real bloody nose and left him with many, many tears. I think the game is over.

Emmett is also having a crazy rash on his inner thighs and now on his testicles. Actually, I don't think that rash is the right word as it really looks like blisters. We are trying to figure out what is going on with our first thought being friction from running with wet diapers causing the spots, but they seem to be appearing at night, too. I don't get it. I have just finished boiling his cloth diapers to make sure they are sterile in case there was some bacteria or something that got into them. We have been forced to use disposables for a few days to try to get this under control.

I didn't take pictures of the blisters...sorry.

No comments: