Tuesday, August 26, 2008

New socks!!!!

You know it is a pretty slow day at the farm when the fact that Emmett moved on to big boy socks gets its own post. Yawn. Emmett has been talking in this very quiet voice and I tried to record it today but he was a louder than the super quiet whisper voice. However, as I was watching the video I found that what I thought sounded like Emmett saying "mom" while recording really does sound like it upon playback (shows up in the video at 19 seconds and you don't even have to play it backward---still would be mom that way, too, I guess). So if you watch the video you get the trifecta of hearing Emmett talk in his semi-quiet voice for a little bit, hearing him "say" the word "mom", and seeing him showing off his big boy socks. Now that I think about it, this video is not boring at all! (later edit: watching the video again it is kind of funny how his eyes get big right after saying his word. Maybe the reaction is a sudden realization that he might have let slip the fact that he can already talk and if we find out we will sell him to the circus. Or maybe he was reacting to my reaction (I remember noting he made a mom-like sound but don't think my reaction was very strong). Or maybe I just watch these videos too much?)



Today was Andrea's first day with real meetings throughout the day. I snuck Emmett into the school three times for feedings, and we found that E gets very distracted by everything that is around him at the school and isn't an efficient eater (that is what Andrea gets for having a bright, colorful classroom---a thin baby). It is going to be tricky to time Emmett's feedings with her breaks, but it is good practice to see how it will all work out.

It was interesting to have a real work day similar to what it was like a few weeks ago where one of us is home all day with the baby and the other is gone from 8-5 (well, mine was 7:30-7, but who is counting). It is pretty great that Emmett and Andrea get to see one another during the day with only a short walk separating them. I really feel like we have a good life right now---all of us.

No comments: